Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The end of an era...

I sold my sparkly red maxi this weekend. I'm "puch-less" and fully committed to vespa. I really hadn't ridden my maxi in some time, but still had it around as a back up. After I sold it I got sort of sentimental and looked up old photos. Here's after bringing home my first moped.

This was the day after picking up my bike. My car had died for the final time and I decided to do something different; something that I had to fix because I couldn't get it repaired anywhere else; something I could get my hands dirty with.

I'm soooo dorky in this photo and have come a long way in regards to moped mechanic knowledge and intuition.







After I got hit by a car, the bandits rescued me. We picked up my mangled bike, salvaged and scavenged parts to make a red maxi.





Now it's "Italy or Die!"
With my Italian brand of choice being the Vespa.
More to come on that soon...

3 comments:

  1. That's cool to see the passion in your relationship. Keep it spicy, whatever you ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm spicy italian sausage! uh yeah. you need to put a pic of you now on your ciao...hint hint. also, i came upstairs to use your computer for italy or die, as mine is really annoying me

    ReplyDelete